Saturday, March 08, 2008

Vegas Baby!



las vegas

las vegas


Matt and I are leaving Monday evening for Las Vegas, Baby!!! (I'm not sure why I feel that Baby needs to be added after Las Vegas...I think it just sounds like it should go there). I am sooooooooooooooooo soooooooo excited. I have never been to Vegas, so I am super pumped to go see it. BUT this is my FIRST break away from my kids in 8 whole months. Yes, I have that pit in my stomach that comes any time that I am going to be away from them, BUT I am so so soooo looking forward to no schedule but my own. And I could not be any more excited about being ALL alone with Matt. We always have so much fun together on any sort of trip, and it has been FAR too long since we have been alone and away together. It's going to be great. I plan on gambling every bit of our savings away at the slot machines. Ok, that was 100% a joke. Matt has work related stuff a couple of days that we are there so I plan on doing whatever I darn well please! :)

This will be my first time away from Harper. I am a little nervous and sad, but I know she'll be just fine and having fun. Matt's mom and sister are coming to watch the kids. I am soooo thankful for their willingness to drop everything and come help us out. The one stinky thing about this whole trip is that it was originally going to be Tues-Friday. WELL, we bought our tickets back in November BEFORE we ever knew we were going to be living here in SA....see where I am going with this?? So our flights are out of Dallas. So we had to buy additional tickets from SA to Dallas on Monday night (we leave early tues morning) then we get home Friday night (and fly back to SA on Saturday). I came really close to backing out because I did not want to be away from Hudson and Harper that long...because Tuesday to Friday sounds WAY better than Monday to Saturday. In the end I knew it would be good for me to get away for a bit.

So I am right now in the middle of weaning Harper. It took me 2 whole months to actually stop since the thought of stopping came up in January. I really beat myself up about it thinking I was being selfish for wanting to quit and that I was being a bad mom. (I know, so so so ridiculous)...but it really was how I was feeling. I mean whenever I would talk to Matt about stopping I'd just want to cry because I felt so bad about it. SO I made the decision last night to stop. I had my last feeding with her we played a while then I put her to bed....that was IT! I feel good about and somewhat relieved. She has always been ok with a bottle and formula. I have been doing both since the week we brought her home from the hospital. Today she has done great and not even cried for me once. My only problem is that I have no clue how much formula she needs at each feeding because I never knew how much she was actually getting from me each time. Anyone have advice on that...how many ounces that a baby is supposed to have in a day?? I feel like I remember with Hudson after I weaned him that it was 18-24 oz a day. Is that right?

Sooo thats about it! We have been busy around here getting this house together. The projects just keep on growing. And there are boxes that I just can't make myself tackle....bottom line is that I'd rather play with my kids than unpack a box, or once they are in bed I'd rather do nothing than unpack a box. It'll get done someday, right?

We tried Oak Hills last weekend. We really liked it. Matt was ready to place membership that day. I am REALLY looking forward to finding a small group to try, try out their Sunday morning class, Wed night class, Ladies class...you get the picture. I am just ready to make some friends and have things to do. It really is such a lonely feeling to actually know no one here. I know with time that will change......I hope.

So that is pretty much it...didn't I already say that?? Everyone is doing well. Hudson is as cute and funny as always. I just love his personality. He really is the cutest kid I know. There are so many days that I just stop and watch him while he is playing and I have to go over there and interrupt him and just hug and kiss him all over. He is just so stinkin cute! He is such a toot when I try and take his picture for my blog. Mr. Busy and too cool for the camera! Sweet Harper had 2 more top teeth break thru. She is going to be our little snaggle toothed girl. I guess I am glad they are all coming in at once instead of weeks in between. She is sleeping much better at night (ever since she got sick back in Jan. her sleeping schedule has been OFF big time). I still love playing dress-up and putting those big ol' bows in her hair. I love the ones that are so big that I feel like she's off balance because of them. It's so fun having both a girly girl and an all boy little boy!

We bought our Sea World tickets last week. We are all ready and set to go. The weather has been just perfect here....BUT I am jealous of all those fun snow pictures I saw on everyones blogs. I would have LOVED that. Instead we have been outside sweating rather than bundled up. We are really excited to go to Sea World all the time. We also are going to buy our SA Zoo season passes too. I think that'll keep us busy!

So wish me luck next week as I am away from my kids.....or I guess wish Karen and Melissa luck handling my 2 stinkers for the week!!! I'll be sure and bring back tons of pictures. Pray I win the JACKPOT!!! Oh, and if you have any "must do's" while in Las Vegas....leave a comment!


Here are 2 places that I plan on spending a lot of my time. These are pics from The Red Rock Casino and Resort. Looks like it'll be fun!


13 comments:

  1. have fun in vegas. give jason a call. i'm jealous. on the formula... it's 20-24 ounces a day. love, me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have Fun!! I think I would be spending my time in the same places. I would much rather shop than gamble.

    Love 2 All!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am jealous! Las Vegas is so fun, and there is TONS of great shopping! I also recommend going to at least one show. We went to the Cirque du Soleil Love show, and it was great - pricy, but great!

    Also, I think I recall giving Jackson about 24 ounces of formula a day when he was Harper's age. I guess it is time to buy some cabbage? : )

    I have been thinking about taking Jackson to Sea World this summer (or maybe more like May). Since you have season passes, I will let you know when I decide to come, and maybe you and your kiddos can come, too! That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bellagio buffet is really good and not ridiculously expensive compared to everything else there (its ridiculously expensive compared to normal life, but what are you going to do? You're in vegas!) I think it was about $30.

    Also, if there is a really long line, ask if there are spots at the bar. My friend Lauren and I ate at the bar there and got to pass up the entire line and it is no different than being at the tables.

    I spent the other 3 days of my only Vegas trip inside the MGM Grand...literally didn't breathe fresh air for 3 days. So I don't really have a ton of advice for the rest of vegas except that I heard Ka (a Cirque show at MGM) is one of the best ones there. Wish I would've seen it!

    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a beautiful hotel! Yall have fun & win some money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You deserve a Vegas break! Have fun and get some good R&R!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I am with you on that bath tub! I'd spend a WHOLE lot of time in that while I was away from the kiddos.

    As far as the vacation goes. I say get a massage, pedicure, manicure, drink lots of wine and soak in that tub. Oh and you should at least walk through all the casinos they are really cool. Just walk the whole strip one day and take pictures and explore.

    Y'all have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and on the formula. Haven takes 6 oz at a time if I am not feeding her. So I would say somewhere between 6-8 oz for her age. Depending on how many times she eats

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun!!! You guys definitely deserve some time together! Ryan and I love the Rio!!! It sits back from the strip a bit but there are shuttles that can take you and bring you back. The Rio has some video Roulette games that I love. I get intimidated going up to the tables but I love that game and the video version is soooo fun. Also, the Rio has a club on the top floor, it is incredible at night. You can see the entire strip lit up and it is a nice romantic set up. One piece of advice though, don't drink the Witch Doctor!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:22 PM

    Man, oh man! Vegas - how fun!! I can't wait to see your pictures & hear your stories. I have never been before. Brian is going to Vegas next Mon - Wed. Wish I was going w/ him. On the formula thing, we do 24 ozs a day. We giver her four 6 oz bottles. Around 8am, noon, 4pm, and 8pm. She also eats breakfast, lunch & dinner, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your having fun soaking in that tub, gambling your savings away and enjoying your alone time!!! You better have LOTS of pictures and stories! I want to come visit you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also, if you were my father's child, and he helped you with your taxes, he would make you claim that money on your tax return that you made...thats what he made Blake do this year...we went to some casino's in CO with my parents over Christmas and Blake made approximately $2.50 and he had to claim it on his return...its best to be honest! Fortunately for me and Tyler, we did not win anything, we only lost!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, I am SOOO jealous that you are in Vegas!! I am going in June and can't wait! It's one of my favorite places. Can't wait to see the pics.

    Also... I need to do your blog for spring. Email me some pics girly!!

    Talk to you soon,
    Kel

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k