Monday, October 29, 2007

Happy Anniversary Bloggers!

Happy 2 years SWEET BLOG READERS!!! I started this journey of blogging 2 years ago today. I really did not start a blog on purpose. I found a few friends from college that were blogging and I wanted to leave comments on their blogs. Many did not accept anonymous comments, so alas I created my blog just for comments sake. Hudson was around 3 months old then so I figured that blogging would be a neat way to document his little life. SO that is how I got sucked in.

I have to admit I am soooooooooooooo BAD at keeping up with my kids baby books. I am not at all a journaler or a scrapbooker. I have only kept a prayer journal once and that was in college, but other than that I have never been one to write my thoughts down on paper. Once Hud was born I got so sick of sending e-mails of what we were up to and sending pictures to everyone. It took forever to do. So my blog allowed me to write about things going on in our life and post up-to-date pictures of Hudson and now of the 2 of them. It really has been great.

I have often thought about quitting this blog just because at times blogging was more of a burden. I always quickly change my mind when I go back and read about our life when I first began this blog. I love reading about Hudson as a baby (and boy does that seem like yesterday). I love that I have things written in this blog that are important to me at a specific time in my life. I also love how I have my sweet memories as Hudson and Harper's mommy documented here. It really is so special!

Once I started my blog I only had just a few "favs" that I read. Now my list is quite long, but I love the connection that blogging creates. People often ask me who on earth are all these people linked on my blog. So many are friends from ACU, KJK sisters, fellow 3rd floor Nelson Princess' (that is what we were at Freshman Follies), family, teacher friends, camp counselor friends, bridesmaid's, or a friend from church. I thought for my blog anniversary I would share who all my "favs" are!

...By Emily-My friend emily's creative blog of bags and dresses.
Ally O. - ACU friend and KJK sis.
April -Matt's cousin from Mississippi.
Ashley L. -ACU friend and KJK sis.
Ashley N. -We worked ACU camps my first summer together which created such a sweet bond between us!
Cara -College friend, fellow camp counselor, bridesmaid, and KJK buds.
Carissa -ACU friend.
Cassy -ACU friend and KJK sis.
Chaney -ACU friend and KJK sis.
Chelsie -Sweet ACU camp counselor friend and KJK sis.
Cheryl -We shared our first year teaching Kindergarten together in Coppell. A great friend! Soo glad you started a blog!
Christine -ACU friend and KJK sis.
Elizabeth -ACU friend and KJK sis.
Emily -We met at Farmers Branch right about the time I started this blog...been friends ever since.
Felicia-ACU friend and camp counselor buddy!
Jenna-ACU friend, KJK, and we were KJK officers together! Good times!
Jennifer-ACU friend.
Kat-ACU friend and camp counselor buddy.
Kate-We are a friend of a friend, but thru blogging I consider her now my friend.
Katie H.-She was a camper when I was a counselor at ACU. Loved her from the moment I met her!! Greatest singing voice EVER!
Katie M. -ACU friend.
Kaylee-We go WAY back to when we were kids. She lived in Sulpher Springs where some of my family lives. I knew her and her sister, Kenzie, b/c they went to the same church as family of mine.
Kellee-ACU friend and KJK sis.
Kelli-We were in a Kadesh group together when we were Juniors in high school. We have been friends ever since.
Kelly-We became buds thru blogging! AND the best blog header creator EVER!!
Kenzie-(see Kaylees) and we were Nelson Princesses together! HA!
Kristen-ACU buddy since our Freshman year, KJK sis, and fellow Nelson Princess! :)
Kristen O-We were friends of a friend and became friends through NRH.
Leah-ACU friend and camp counselor together.
Leslie-Became friends our Freshman year at ACU, and KJK sis.
Lindsey -ACU friend, and KJK sis.
Liz-We met at Farmers Branch and have become better friends thru blogging!
Mauri-MY NEWEST ADDITION! ACU friend and KJK sis!!! Glad you are blogging!!!
Mel-UMMMM.....my SIL!! One of my sweetest friends EVER!
Mike Cope-Preacher at our church in Abilene.
Mindi-ACU friend, Nelson Princess, and KJK sis/officer buddy.
Nicole -We met when I was a freshman working camps and became instant friends. We have shared 2 big "life moments" together. I was there for the birth of their 3rd baby, Parker, and she was a bridesmaid of mine.
Shara-ACU friend. My best times with Shara was during our "block" education class...we sat together. Could not have survived it without her!
Tiffany-My oldest friend. We met when I was 2 and she was 3. Had some fun vacations with her family! Been life-long friends.
Tracey-ACU friend, but became good friends after being bridesmaids in Crystal Foster's wedding together. Been great friends ever since.
Whitney-Friend from NRH's.
Wolfe- My crazy cousin-in-law. Has to be the LOUDEST, CRAZIEST, FUNNEST GUY...we have so much fun with the Wolfe fam!

WOW, after writing all that it sure makes me thankful for ACU and the great bonds that were made thru the school, KJK, and camp. I really do read all of your blogs and LOVE keeping up with all of you.

I know at times you might get sick of me writing all the gushy things I love about my kids and Matt, but really that is what this blog is for me. It's about my life right now and the day to day joys I experience. I know this blog will be something that someday I will look back on with great joy and pride.




Here was the very first picture that I uploaded onto my blog of Hudson. How great that I have his precious life documented here, the journey of pregnancy with Harper, and now my 2 kids together. Makes me teary thinking about how fast those 2 years have passed and all the fun things written here. Sooo with all of that said HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MY BLOG BUDDIES!!!

11 comments:

  1. Allison,
    Happy Anniversary blog buddy! Your post was so sweet. How cool is it that you got a fabulous friend & blog designer through blogger (ME!) Ha ha... just kidding.. What I really mean is how cool is it to have all of those memories in one place! I think scrapbooks are great but this is a place for you to connect and share with those you care so much about~you can't do that with a scrapbook!

    Congrats on your 2 years! Thanks for sharing all you memories. I look forward to reading many many more!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, I found your blog awhile back and love reading about hudson and harper... they are so cute! And your list of bloggers opened me up to a whole new group of people! how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Even though Darb was our connection, I also consider you a friend through blogging. That is one of the reasons I like blogging. Like you, I have thought several times about giving up on the blog, but it really is amazing to look back at what I have written about Jackson and to see all that I have already forgotten! Hudson looks so different from that first picture! Time flies because now he is such a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and for my third comment of the day, I just want to say that you and Matt are going to have SO much fun in Las Vegas! The only thing you should be prepared for on the negative side is that it is acceptable to smoke openly in the casinos (most of which happen to be located in the lobbies of the hotels), so the smell is yucky. Everything else was such fun, and you don't even have to spend a lot of money because it is fun to just walk through all of the different hotels and see what they are like. The shopping is great though, I will admit! Where are you guys staying? And are you going to go to a show?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison, what a sweet blog post. I have to thank you for turning me onto blogging. I love keeping in touch and up to date on your family even though we are miles apart. You guys are the cutest family! Blogging is so much fun! I enjoyed that you didn't have many blog friends at first but your list grew as time went by. Hopefully mine will too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:30 PM

    Happy 2 years!! I loved reading about all of your friends. :) And, I ALWAYS love reading about the happenings in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has it really been 2 years!?!?! Oh my goodness how time flies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww so sweet. I love how we have so many ways in which we are connected. God really had the right plan in mind when he provided the opportunity for the both of us to work camps. I have really enjoyed blogging and keeping up to date on your cutie kiddos. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading about you and Matt and the kids! It is so much fun to be able to keep up with what people are doing that I don't get to see very often...or really ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:34 PM

    Happy 2 Years!! We had so much fun with you and the crew on Trunk or Treat. Thanks for the love on your blog buddies recap. I really am as funny, loud, and crazy as you say. You only forgot to mention how good looking I am. Post the pick of me and you giving the W and M of our respective clans!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted you to know that I have been a faithful reader all 2 of those years. Our family loves your blog. It is so great to get to keep up in what is going on in our favorite Mullins family.

    Love you all,
    April

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k