Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Hudson!!!


Holy Cow...I am a mother of a 5 YEAR OLD!!  That just blows my mind!!!  This is HUGE in so many ways.  5 is a monumental birthday.  Nothing beats getting to hold up your ENTIRE hand!!  Words could never express what this little boy means to me.  How he changed my life 5 years ago by making me his mommy.  He is one of the most fantastic human beings I know.  I enjoy him so much.  From his goofy side to his serious side, I just adore him.  He and his daddy are glued at the hip.  They are two peas in a pod, and I absolutely love how Matt is Hudson's hero in every way possible.  Hudson is a good boy with a big heart.  He genuinely cares about others.  He is the best big brother I know (even on a rough day).

He still loves to dress in his costumes and play.  He is super into Star Wars right now.  He is a great swimmer!  He loves school and his friends.  His imagination is top notch!  His questions are sometimes too hard for this mommy to answer, but I try.  We had the 'how is that baby going to get out of your tummy' conversation recently.  (oh my!)!  He is a learner and loves to just 'take it all in'.  He really absorbs what you say and doesn't forget a THING...which can be scary at times.

Hudson is special because not only was he our first born, but he was the very FIRST grandchild on BOTH sides.  (no one can beat that)  HA!  He changed us all 5 year ago.

I asked Hud today a few questions, and these were his answers.

-What is your favorite thing about being 5?  I am FINALLY 5 like my friends, and I get to hold up my whole hand.
-What is your favorite food?  Pizza
-What is your favorite restaurant?  Chic-fil-a and sonic
-What do you want to be when you grow up?  An astronaut
-What is your favorite toy?  My Star Wars stuff, Lego's, Pirate Ship, and Batman stuff
-What is your favorite TV show?  Max and Ruby, Fresh Beat Band
-What is your favorite movie?  Star Wars
-What do you love to do outside?  Play with my friends, ride my bike, freeze tag, and swim
-What is your favorite color?  Blue
-What is our presidents name?  President ROCK Obama  (so funny...we never correct him).
-Who are your best friends?  Thomas, James, Cager, William, Aja, and Ella
-What is your favorite book?  My chapter books
-What is your favorite thing about Harper?  She is funny
-Do you think mommy is having a baby brother or sister? BROTHER!!!!


Last night I was driving to go see Eclipse with my friend Brianna (yes again and I LOVED IT), and I was thinking about what we were doing 5 years ago.  I was overcome with emotion.  I started crying...the ugly cry.  Maybe it's hormones, but it sure got the best of me last night.  I am so thankful for this little unplanned "surprise" baby boy that God blessed us with 5 years ago.  Hudson is one of the greatest loves of my life, and I am forever thankful for his precious life.  It is a JOY to watch him grow and become the person he is meant to be.  We love him to the 'stars and back...again and again."
(more on Hud's AWESOME 5th birthday party to come later)!!!

**Hudson at his 5 year old check-up came in at 44 3/4 inches and 41 lbs.  (84% height, 53% weight).  He grew 3 and 1/2 inches, and 4.5 lbs in one year).  He is a happy and very healthy growing boy!**

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Huddy! We sang HB to you during lunch. You have been in our thoughts all day. We love you so much and can't wait to see you.

    Your Mississippi family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a sweet post...loved the question and answer part! We had a great time at his party and still can't believe he is FIVE...the years have flown by so fast! It is such a joy to have him as our first grandson, and yes, he is just like his daddy! He is one lucky boy to have you and Matt as parents and Harper as a little sister.

    Happy Birthday, Hud...we love you!
    Mini & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:37 PM

    Once more Allison, you have out done yourself on decribing that precious little boy. The BIG 5 year old. He is definitely our precious and special little boy. We cannot believe how fast 5 years went by either. We are glad he had a great birthday party and so glad we were able to spend time with all of you the week before. Love y'all bunches! Grammy & Daddy Pops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison, I remember the night you told me you were pregnant at church. I knew you were a little scared, but I also knew you would be an amazing mama, and that your baby would be a wonderful blessing, and I was right! Thanks for sharing the lives of you and your family on the blog. Y'all are precious!

    Happy birthday, Hudson!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k