Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy 7 years to my main squeeze!!

(sadly, we hardly ever get a pic together...we aren't the subjects of the photo ops anymore these days).

7 years ago today I said 'I DO' to the most fantastic human being alive.  I could absolutely be like Heidi Klum and Seal and marry him again and again, year after year.  Just to be able to shout it aloud that I still choose him, that my vows to him still hold true, that no one holds a candle to the man that I am blessed enough to call mine.

My card to Matt this morning captured my exact feelings of him.  It said, "to have you as my friend was all I could have ever wanted.."  "to be your wife is all I could have ever dreamed."... Without a doubt that is what my heart feels.  He is my absolute favorite person to be around, he makes me laugh unlike anyone I know, I ache when he's not around...I am just so in love with this man, and he is flat out the funnest guy I know.  My total dream come true.

I think to admire and respect the person you are married to is such a precious gift.  He amazes me with his kindness, grace, sincerity, & empathy.  He is the kind of guy that would do anything for anyone, who would choose his family above anything else, and never meets a stranger.  He's just so stinkin' likable.  :)  The daddy he is to our kids is enough to melt anyones heart, and I could not have asked for more.

I fall in love with him over and over and over....and over!  :)  I know Matt would not be the man he is to me and our family if the Lord was not at the center of his life.  I pray that over him everyday.

I am so thankful that he never gave up on this girl who 'just wanted to be friends' for so long.  He is my happily ever after...

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I love the words on his card...so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, Matt & Allison! You two are SUCH an incredible pair & amazing inspiration to us all!! Have a WONDERFUL date-night...you deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I still can't believe it has been 7 years already. Matt was the lucky one...we, too, are glad he didn't give up on you. You are such a joy to have in our family, Allison. You really do "complete" him and made him into the man and father he is today. We are so proud of both of you and our precious Hudson and Harper. We can't wait for January to come! I hope you had a wonderful night!

    Love you, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! What a sweet, sweet post! Our 7 year anniv. is Tuesday...can you write something sweet like that for me? Ha! :) Love it! Congrats on a great marriage, and friendship! Very important!!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k