Friday, August 13, 2010

Introducing, MY NEPHEW, Camden Paul!

Camden Paul Sprayberry
August 5, 2010



Well, the 3rd little love of my life was born last Thursday, August 5th.  It was one of the most special days of my life.  My little sister was induced that morning at 39 weeks.  Her labor and delivery were pretty much text book easy breezy.  She did fantastic and was super woman.  I got to be in the room with her as she delivered Camden.  Colt had one leg and I had the other.  My mom was the counter during the contractions.  We all had an active role here.  HA!  Witnessing Camden's birth was amazing.  I had never seen anything like it...even after delivering my own 2.  It is fascinating what God made our bodies capable of doing.  I'm still in shock and awe.  It was such an emotional experience filled with so much love.  I never dreamed of the instant love and connection that I felt to sweet Camden.  He was so perfect!  He weighed in at 8lbs 2 oz, & 21 in long.  Now where this big boy was stored in my sister, I'll never know.  We had a poll going on Cam's stats and 90% of them were under 7lbs.  HA!  Were we proven WRONG!

Sweet Daddy's first time holding his boy.
Suzanna's first time with Camden.  What a sweet family!
J and Cam
Harps first peek at Camden

The OH SO PROUD AUNT ALLI with Camden and Suz
Daddy Pops and Unk checking out Cam
Colt's mom letting Hudson and Harper meet their new cousin
Proud mama!
This makes me SO EXCITED for our little #3!
Grammy & Daddy Pops with Camden
Harper and Nana having a serious conversation.  Harper was SO CURIOUS.  She had to be on the bed right there with them.  It was tooooo CUTE!!!
More sweetness!
The BOYS!  Hudson is one proud BIG COUSIN!
Sweet Harper with her 'baby brother'.  (Story below).
I'm soooooo in love with this boy!
Uncle Matt!!
We don't get much holding time when Hudson and Harper are near.  They LOVE HIM!
 We had the best week while we were there.  We soaked up Camden as much as we possibly could.  Hudson and Harper would ask over and over when they could go see Cam.  They were BEYOND precious with him.  I never dreamed how much that sweet boy would capture all of our hearts.  -Sweet Story- When we were driving home from the hospital on Camden's bday, Harper said, "I sure do love my new baby brother!"  I told her that, "No, you mean your new baby cousin."  She quickly corrected me and said that, "Camden's a BOY which makes him my BROTHER."  Makes perfect sense right???  It was just so sweet, and I haven't corrected her since.  We enjoyed all the family time possible with my fam.  Dad and Shelley were great entertainers with Hudson and Harper while I was away helping Suz.  In fact when we were pulling out of their driveway Hudson said he did not want to go & that it was just so much fun.  :)  It was a great week!

My sister is a natural mama.  She is so relaxed and so laid back.  Camden is the DREAM BABY we all dream about.  He nurses perfectly and sleeps better than any newborn I have ever seen.  It's amazing!  I am so thankful for that blessing!  Colt is such a great daddy too.  He is one step ahead of things that need to be done, and so helpful with Suzanna.

I spent a couple of nights with them which were so special.  I helped Suzanna with Camden during the night.  Changed his diaper and got him all ready to be fed.  After she fed him I'd love on him and get him back to sleep.  After the morning feedings I would let him sleep on my chest for a few hours.  I seriously could NOT get enough of him.

Leaving was SO SAD!  I teared up all the way home, and still do when I think about him.  He is such a perfect little miracle that we all are head over heels for.  I ache that I have to miss one day of him.  Let's just say the roads from here to Tyler will be used A LOT more...just because this Aunt can't be away from her nephew.  (WHY DIDN'T anyone ever tell me how being an AUNT is the best thing in the entire WORLD....aside from a mommy, of course)???  I had NO IDEA!!!

So needless to say last week was amazing.  It was such a blessing to be there during Camden's birth, and to spend the first week with him.  I am BEYOND proud of my sister and the amazing mommy she is.  She blows me away with her strength.  I love her more than ever, and I am so proud to be Camden's aunt.  (Have I said that already??)??  HA!!!

These last few pics are a few of my favorites from the week!
I love his chubby wubby cheeks!!!
This one speaks for itself...pure love!
(NOT kidding....as soon this picture popped up on the screen tears came to my eyes).
Camden Paul is too precious for words!!!  I miss him so much!!


11 comments:

  1. Praise God for such a sweet, perfect miracle! He looks so healthy and SO precious! God has been so faithful and loving to y'all through this whole time, and what a sweet reminder little Camden is! It seems to me he lucked out in the aunt department, too. You are the perfect aunt for him, just like we all knew you would be! Congratulations, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Aunt Allison...sounds good on you! Such sweet pictures...congrats to all of you! He is absolutely precious! I can't wait for our baby #3...Hud and Harper will be a great big brother and big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joyful week you have had! Congrats on the new member of the family. Be an aunt is a pretty wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey Shepherd11:34 PM

    Camden is adorable! Love that last pic of his little grin!! That is such a special time, and I'm so glad that you got to share that with your sister. I have no doubt that you will win the BEST AUNT EVER award!! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your sister and you! Being an aunt is great stuff!!!

    So funny though, you'll have to go look at my blog and see what happened to me on the 4th!!! I just finished blogging about it and then started browsing everyone's elses. I had to laugh! You'll see!

    Have fun spoiling that sweet baby boy! He is a beautiful baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How incredibly sweet this blog-entry was... Brought tears to my eyes! This made me so excited to one day be an aunt- hope I can be half as amazing as you!! Glad Camden is healthy & happy & perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your precious nephew!!! He is perfect! I bet you miss him everyday! I voted on your poll too!! When do you find out the gender...or are you going to find out?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:31 PM

    I loved reliving the story once again, through your words. We had a wonderful time with all of you and are so blessed to be able to say we have three (soon to be four) of the most awesome grandchildren ever! We look forward to our next time together. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! So joyous!!! Hudson and Harper are beyond cute holding their new cousin! And yes, being an Aunt is the most wonderful thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a precious nephew you have AND what an awesome aunt he has!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a precious little boy! I can't wait until my sis has babies. :) It will be so special. Have fun being an aunt!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k