Thursday, October 28, 2010

Here's to a FABULOUS 5 years!!!



The very first picture I uploaded to blogger.  Hudson at 2 months.
 Happy Anniversary!!  5 YEARS of blogging....WOW!  What a fast 5 years!  I absolutely love my blog.  I think I love and appreciate it more with every passing season of our life.  To think that I have my entire journey through motherhood journaled here on this blog is so amazing to me.  Matt and I will be talking about something and then we can't remember where we were or how old the kids were....and what do we do???  We go to the trusty blog to find things.  We love it.  Matt thanks me all of the time for keeping this blog.  I think it means just as much to him as it does to me.  When I think back to this post 5 years ago, I had no idea what was to come.  I set up my blog on a whim, really to just be able to comment on other friend's blogs.  Many of the blogs I read at the time you had to have a blogger acct to be able to comment.  I really did not know how to 'blog' or really what a blog was, so I just wrote about my favorite subject...Hudson.  And the rest is history.

The Mullins 3

Huddy's first birthday.


All I would have to say is "daddy's home" and the 2 of them would immediately go to the window.

This blog is so sentimental to me because when I started my blog I was this almost 25 year old new mom who was thrown in to the world of motherhood much earlier than we ever 'planned on'....life happens when you start making plans, right?  Matt and I were the first of all our friends to get pregnant & I did not have any mommy friends to reach out to to ask questions, vent, or just see if what I was experiencing was 'normal'...my blog became my way to just 'talk' about our life.  Thankfully over time the Lord blessed with many friends that were/are in the same stage of life as us, but during that time we did often feel like it was 'just the 3 of us' figuring things out.  Often during that first year I felt that Matt and I were total rookies in the world of parenting.  (We still have those days).  When I see pictures of us 5 years ago, it looks like we were such babies ourselves.  It was such a precious time in our life and in our marriage.  We were married barely over a year when we got pregnant with Hudson--and boy did it turn our world up-side-down, but I would not have it any other way.  Living in that teeny tiny apartment in Plano for that first year of mommyhood are some of my most treasured memories, & I would relive those days in a second.  We were so broke, but oh my goodness did we ever have the time of our life.  I love that I have that time documented on here.  I can immediately go back in my mind and relive those days when I see pictures and read stories on my blog.
Still melts my heart.  Such a special memory when Hudson met his baby sister for the first time.

She was the happiest, sweetest, cudliest baby girl EVER!  Still is all of those things and MORE!
1st Halloween with 2.


just one more of my little sweetness.

I have ~almost~ Hudson's entire life documented (started this blog when he was 3 months old), all of our vacations- both alone with Matt & vacations with family, Harper and Holton's pregnancies, the transition of one child to two, our moves from Plano to Fort Worth to San Antonio, the purchasing of our VERY FIRST HOUSE, the journey of finding our 'place' here in San Antonio, the joys and challenges of motherhood, all of our holidays & birthdays, every first that my sweet children have ever had, and not to mention all the extra everyday special life experiences that is sandwiched throughout.  What a treasure!!
Our very first house.  Still so special to me!
The Christmas of the Pirate Ship...such a priceless moment for Huddy...but really for us!

Our sweet little bumblebee.

Probably my most favorite Halloween yet!  They were SO CUTE!


I am in the process of working on making my blog into a book.  It's overwhelming.  I am breaking it up into calendar years starting with "The Mullins 3".  It has been fun going back through the first year.  It does make me extra sentimental, and inspires me to keep this up.
CABO!!  We want to go back next year.  We'll see....

Kids first time to the beach.  It was wonderful.

Disney trip.... best vacation we have had to date!!
2nd SF vacation.  Amazing!

Seattle/Vancouver vacation.
Mullins men 2010!
Colorado

SO in honor of my ANNIVERSARY, I am doing my BEST GIVEAWAY EVER (in my opinion)...my last 2 anniversary giveaways were pretty great--but this one is appropriate for all of you bloggers out there!!

1st time to Sea World after we moved here.
One of those nights you are glad the camera is near.

Visiting Gruene.  Hudson was obsessed with his Spiderman costume and fireman boots....he wore it to dinner..in March.  I LOVE it!

Sweet bluebonnet picture.
Forever a treasure of mine.  Could not have captured Hudson more perfectly.

Spring time fun.

ACU Leadership camps.
1st day of school.

I love this picture!  Harper's big girl room.

Most of you bloggers know FABULOUS KELLY who makes the blog world beautiful.  She has either blessed your blog by her creative touch, or has you drooling wishing you could have a makeover by her.  Kelly is so near and dear to me because we became instant blog friends a little over 3 years ago, and she has BLESSED my blog with so many amazing looks throughout the years.  I want to be able to THANK HER and PAY IT FORWARD to you....So I am paying for a FULL BLOG MAKEOVER for one of you lucky readers!!!  To top it off and make it even sweeter she is putting a 'rush' on it so you don't have to wait too long for it!  Isn't this exciting????? 

My sweet nephew Camden
We are HAVING A BABY!!!

IT'S A BROTHER!!!!

Since it is my 5 year anniversary, I will give you until November 5 days to leave your comment.  Because it is my anniversary, I want to know MY readers...ALL of you.  It will make my day!  If you normally don't comment, then leave one...just this one time.  I'd love to hear from you!  Even if you don't have an actual blog, but are a reader...just give me a shout out & comment.  This will be fun for me, and a special anniversary present from you to me!  :)

***To be entered in my FAB K GIVEAWAY, you will need to be sure and leave a link to your blog!  Thanks!!***

41 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:30 PM

    Allison, thank your for these last 5 years of sharing your sweet family with me. I truly enjoy seeing your precious babies (and I am excited to see Holton). It has been special to treasure a 30+ frienship with Karen, and to enjoy reading about the grandbabies. Love Bobbi Blankenship

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I enjoy reading your blog and am admittedly a blog stalker. I mean, really, aren't we all?! :) I enjoy your perspective on things and now that I'm a new momma, admire everyone who makes the time to blog; I myself have not joined those ranks. Maybe one day. :)
    ~ Renae Moore Cates (we were in same class at ACU)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have it all documented and the books are the best! I hope that I am half as good when we bring our little boy home (we're adopting from Ethiopia) in a few months.

    www.darlingjourney.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Allison! I don't need a blog makeover, but I just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm reading...have been since we were at The Branch together, I guess...or shortly thereafter. Love seeing your wonderful little life! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Okay, I'm a lurker. But I know you (kinda) from ACU Leadership Camps, and I somehow found myself reading your blog a few months ago and added it to my reader! I think we have a lot of mutual friends from ACU days, but no idea if we've ever spoken face to face! Love your blog though and love reading stories about your precious kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blog-aversary! It's amazing how fast time does fly! I would love to know how to make a blog into a book! That sounds like so much fun! Hope you're doing good and getting lots of rest! Post some pics to let us know how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have the best ideas! Sounds fun! And I can't really link our blog, cause it's private, but ya know...Anyhow, loved the little 5 year recap! Way to be a great blogger, and yes, A always thanks me, too, for keeping our blog up. Love it. Keep going, girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary, my sweet friend! I LOVE reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea how I found your blog but I've been following for about 7 months! I just now started blogging so I have never commented before. Your family is adorable and congrats on the new baby :)

    http://www.so-i-wont-forget.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I started my blog around the same time, but clearly, you have been WAY more successful than I have at keeping it up! I love reading about your growing family, and I love that we've become friends even though we have only met a couple times in person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Allison-

    I've been reading your blog since the very beginning, back when I still had a xanga! Crazy...

    I remember back in 2007 I asked you how you knew Matt was the one..I wrote down your words on a little sticky note and put it in my Bible. I come across it so often. I folded it in half and wrote PLEASE, LORD! on the outside...

    "Katie...just don't settle. If he makes you giddy inside, laugh a lot, makes you LOVE who you are, if he loves Jesus and it shows, if he is perfect just the way he is (never go into a relationship wanting to change a guy), if you have NO DOUBT (any doubt is too much) about his character...then DIVE IN...let yourself fall head over heels!"

    Love your words still, and have faith that they will be reality! :) Love you and your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! Love your post- walking down memory lane! So sweet. and always LOVE your blog design- Kelly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been a faithful reader from the beginning. I love being able to keep up with your family through your blog!

    www.cnf01a.blogspot.com

    Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! 5 years! I love being able to read & keep up with your sweet family!

    http://snowplacelikehome.blogspot.com

    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  15. so crazy, al, that you've been doing this for FIVE years! and you're so darn good at it and consistent! i cannot believe you're making this into a book, but whata great idea. that's gonna be sooooo cute and so priceless for your fam! great idea! love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm still a stalker. Your family is so precous!

    Beth (Wright) Nichos

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not sure how I found your blog. I am from Abilene, so I am assuming we have some mutual friends from ACU. I have been reading for awhile and I just love checking in on your beautiful family. I love seeing the love you have for your kids, I feel the same way about my little boy! I just started my blog a couple of months ago, so I am hoping to keep it up as well as you do!

    Casey

    www.cowboystocajuns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy blogging anniversary!!! That is crazy it's been 5 years of blogging for you, I'm in the exact same state you were when you were first started to blog...haha minus the first child. But I just want you to know how much I love reading your blog & reading about your life and children...they seem so so fun & precious! Also just wanted to let you know you & holton have constantly been in my thoughts & prayers that the remainder of this pregnancy will be healthy! It's so neat to think I have been reading your blog since you were pregnant with Harper. Hope you are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 5 years!??! How exciting! You have done a great job keeping up your blog, and I love how you never fail to mention how much you love your family and your life! It's so good to read something positive, especially when it's written by a sweet friend in Jesus. :) I remember sitting in small group that night that you told us you were expecting Hudson and how it did not at all fit into your plans...It's amazing how it was (and is) just the PERFECT thing for your family...God is so good!!

    -Sarah K - thekirkseys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lauren always showed us the cutest things from you blog, usually a video or picture of your sweet family. I check back now and again and I just love the way you write. Your post are so much fun to read! You're an inspiration and such a wonderful mom. I am thankful to have gotten to know you through Lauren. Congratulations by the way for 5 years and for the sweet baby boy on the way.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  21. First, I just want to say, you make me always want to be a better blogger. Not so sure if I will ever live up to you in the blog world, you definitely have a way with words, but I will try try try!!
    5 years of blogging is impressive!

    www.eilersclan.blogspot.com


    love ya,
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  22. YOu totally inspire me to keep blogging! I love reading your post and I TOTALLY need a new blog makeover.
    www.mullinsmania.blogspot.com

    Thanks friend!
    leah

    ReplyDelete
  23. All my favorite pictures too!!! My favorite part of the blog is feeling like we are apart of each other lives.

    Thanks for starting this and getting me into the land of blogs.

    I love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on five years Allison! I don't have a blog, but your post made me want to start one :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have loved reading your blog this whole time, and I am glad that I can count on you as one of my two readers when I do post. Love you Al!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun trip down Mullins memory lane! It's amazing to see how your family has grown. Makes me even more excited for you guys to be the Mullins 5!!! Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous3:08 PM

    You know that I have read your blog from the very beginning and probably bugged you on more than one occasion to post more pictures or to write more often, sorry for that. It's just that whenever I would go to the computer and open up your blog I would get so excited to see that there was a new posting. I have loved your blog probably as much as ya'll have, could it be because I'm Hudson and Harpers "J"?? I think so. Seriously, you have amazed me in so many ways throughout your journey as a wife and now a mother of almost three. It makes me so proud to be your mother when I read all of your sweet and passionate words about your life... Matt, Hudson,Harper and Holton. You were always a dream child and it doesn't surprise me in the least that you are the wife and mother you are. What a treasure you have created, keep up the good work, I know you will.

    I love you with all my heart,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Blogging Anniversary! That is so cool!

    I loved your trip down memory lane! More than that, I am so happy to have reconnected with you! I love seeing pics of your sweet babies and hearing stories told by you. You have a gift!

    Josh & I were in y'alls exact same boat just 6 years ago, newly married (we had just had our 1 year anniversary when we found out!) & pregnant! I could totally relate with everything you said. If only we would have had each other then. Then again, everything obviously worked out great for both! What a incredible blessing those sweet babies are!

    Thanks for sharing your life!

    Blessings,
    Valerie
    www.chamberscrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have loved reading your blog over the years and have been blessed by many of your posts...your family is too adorable! Keep it up:)

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  30. ooops!!

    www.bryanandaimeemassey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Blog-versary! You always have the best stories & great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Anniversary! I've been reading a while and don't think I've commented yet. I'd love a new makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy Anniversary! I love reading about your sweet family. And I love how creative you are. It inspires me:)

    taraandmarkrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Allison! Martha B. here! I feel I have known you forever and the longer I have the more I just love you, your sweet spirit and your faith in the Lord. I miss you know that you live down in San Antonio! I need to come down there so I can see you guy. I love reading about the kids and all the fun places you and Matt go! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy Anniversary!!! I LOVE reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. i love your blog, can't wait to see what baby #3 will look like!

    ReplyDelete
  37. You know my blog & you know I read because I comment. Love you friend!!! Can't wait to see Holton!

    Kristen :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Happy 5 years, Allison! Reading your blog & being able to keep up with your family has inspired me...in more ways than you can imagine! Jon & I got married 3 weekends ago (on Oct. 16th) & although our life is not NEARLY as amusing or fun as yours, you have inspired me to create my own blog. I haven't yet posted anything on it yet (I'm workin' on it!) but will as soon as I get some pictures back from the wedding. I'm still "new" to this blogging-business, so I'll definitely be looking to you for guidance... Our blog link is: jonkimberlyanderson@blogspot.com.
    Can't wait to join the club & get started!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy Anniversary!!! I loooove reading your updates and wish we lived closer...I know our kiddos would be the best of friends!!

    therigoulots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy anniversary. I always enjoy reading your blog and checking in on your precious family. Hope you are feeling well. Can't wait to meet baby #3!

    ReplyDelete
  41. i LOVE reading about your sweet, sweet family! i'm really glad you decided to start a blog.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k