Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hudson's 7th Birthday PAR-tay!


We had Huddy's birthday party last Saturday morning.  I have to admit it was a BLAST.  One of the best parties to date.  I didn't know how it would turn out or what the laser tag would even be like, but everything went great and it could not had been more fun if we tried.  We rented the laser tag equipment.  It was really neat because you tell them the time to drop the supplies off and then they'll  come and pick it up when you are finished.  Doesn't get much easier than that!  I didn't know what to expect, but for our age group of boys, it was perfect.  The guns were easy to use and would let out a loud "ahhhhh" when you were hit.  They played several different games.  2 teams split in 1/2, pairs, last man standing...it was great fun.


Mini and Papa came in for the birthday weekend.  I'm so glad they did because we really needed their help and extra eyes during the party.  They helped make Hudson's birthday weekend even more special.

On a whim I went Friday to a party supply store and bought colored hair spray and face paint.  I am SO glad I did.  It was a huge hit with the boys and they totally got into it.  It fully brought them into character. 












We have this wooded park down the street from us that is by our pool.  We let the boys go wild playing laser tag for about an hour and a half over there.  They were soooo cute and really got into it.  I loved watching them play.  Matt and Curtis became big kids too.  They had a great time.  My favorite part was probably when the boys would come over to me to 'recharge' their guns (once you were shot 15 times you were out.  I had this gadget with a button to press when they came to me that brought them back to life).  When they would come over to me several times they would shout, "best party ever!"  "this is so much fun!"  "Can we do this all day??"  Really, they were having a blast. 


 Harper invited Bethany to join her at Hud's bday.  Everyone has to have a friend, right??  They were so funny and so cute running around trying to shoot those boys.  They played laser tag for probably 30 minutes then they came over by me and decided to use the body crayons and draw on each other.  This kept them very content and happy for the last hour. 



After laser tag we walked to our neighborhood pool to cool off swimming, have some pizza, cake and ice cream & open presents.  We stayed at the pool a good 2 more hours.  The boys were so good and played so well.  We were all exhausted by the end of the party.


We had blast celebrating Hudson.  I can't believe my first born is 7.  I loved seeing him so happy and having so much fun with his friends.  He is one special boy and it thrilled my heart to see him feel so special on his birthday.  So proud of the little boy he's become and I adore the friends he has.  It was a great, extra fun weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:06 PM

    Great pictures...FUN party. You planned a great party...we loved it. The girls pics...too cute! You can tell they have brothers. Happy Birthday to our Huddy...can't believe he is 7!
    Love, mini & papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lands, yes!, cutest party ever!!! That looks like SO much fun!!! I better make sure my boys don't see this or they will definitely be disappointed at their next party! ;) Ha! Really, how fun was that!? And I love the paint on Harper's face! Ha! Sweet pictures of everyone. I hope you are hanging in there...not much longer! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k