Sunday, July 08, 2012
Our Hayesie Baby
I had my 4D sonogram a few weeks ago to go see our baby boy. I love getting to do this and catching a glimpse of the sweet face that is growing in my tummy. Hayes was pretty cooperative for the most part. He looked just perfect if you ask me. I can't believe we are 2 months (or less) away from meeting him. I can't help but wonder what this little boy will look like, act like, and what dynamic is he going to bring to our family. I wonder if he'll look like Harper & Holton or my Huddy Bud? From the sonogram pics I'm leading toward Harp and Holt, but you never know.... I'm so curious if he'll have Matt and Hudson's blue eyes or join the brown eyed club with Harper, Holty, and I.
We were talking last night about how special he is and how much we love him. Harper said, "but you haven't even met him yet." :) It is amazing how much you can love this life growing inside of you. It's so much fun getting to know this baby while he's kicking around taking my breath away. He's a wiggle worm and he goes pretty much nonstop. Matt and I will watch my belly go when he gets on a kicking spree. I never get tired of that. As we are feeling him move and kick we still will stop and look at each other with disbelief that we really are having another baby. Just like with Holton, I am trying my best to soak up this pregnancy because it's definitely my last. (If it isn't you can call me Mother Mary). :)
We have not done a single thing to get ready for his arrival. Holton stayed in our room for 6 months because I didn't want to go up our stairs 800 times a night, so Hayes will do the same & stay with us. Matt could sleep through a freight train going through our house, so I'm not worried about him. We'll have some serious shuffling around to do once that six months is over. I'm not going to do a nursery for Hayes (I know go ahead and gasp ). We'll just move him up to Holton's room when the time comes. I'd rather put money into making the little boys room super cute when we move them in together. It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out and what our life will look like with another little body added to the mix. It's bound to be entertaining.
I'd be lying if I didn't say that thinking about adding another baby to our family doesn't bring me moments of anxiety. Some days I am so laid back about it and even excited....then I have days where I feel like my 3 are going to make my head explode and then I wonder how I'm going to do it. This will be my first time having a baby while we are in public school. My days start at 6:30 so there is no sleeping in or extra rest. When school is in session we start early and go nonstop until bed time. I'm just praying the Lord gives me the strength and energy I need....and not just energy to make it through, but to be joyful in all circumstances. The newborn/sleep deprived stage is so short lived (however it doesn't feel like it when you are in the middle of it)....I just want to see the big picture and know that these sleepless days will pass and routine will come.
We have July and August then it's go time. I'm certain it'll be here before we know it. I am so excited to meet this sweet boy and introduce him to his brothers and sister. I can't wait for his daddy to hold him, and watch Matt with his newest son. I know it will feel as though this was was how we were always supposed to be.
Love,
Allison
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are looking forward to The Mullins...Party of SIX! Hayes is already such a beauty. Anxious to meet that sweet baby. We love y'all, Grammy & Daddy Pops
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for ya'll... and praying for ya'll too!! Hayes looks wonderful and I can't wait to read all about him! =)
ReplyDelete