Thursday, May 17, 2007

Trips to: Zoo, Tyler, Chuck E. Cheese, and SEA WORLD!


Well, I can't believe it has been a little over a month since I last posted! In my defense with all these HORRIBLE storms lately our internet was not working for about 2 weeks. Pretty much every week has had something going on. We are staying pretty busy doing lots of fun stuff. We have been busy this past month traveling to Tyler, having fun at the zoo, playing with Claire and Luke at Chuck E. Cheese, and lastly a fun filled 4 day weekend in San Antonio. The pictures below will show you all of our fun adventures!

We went last weekend to Sea World. We went with Matt's family and had so much fun. The weather was perfect and Sea World was better than great!!! The shows were awesome and Hudson LOVED the water park. The toddler friendly water park was really neat. It had little rides for small children, a fun spray park, and little bounce houses. We got a 2 day pass and did it all! We went to Sea World all day Fri and Sat and spent our evenings at the River Walk. It was such a fun "mini-vacation." It is so fun having a child and seeing all of the stuff you did when you were little thru their eyes. His excitement is priceless.

Tonight Matt's mom and sisters are coming to keep Hudson while I go with Matt to Dallas for a few nights. He has a conference to go to for a few days. Kindly, Wells Fargo puts him in a nice hotel for a couple of nights and I get to be the stow away. So I plan on waddling around during the days, or maybe even doing NOTHING in a hotel by myself. We'll see. We have a date planned for Tuesday night at one of our very favorites....Papas Bros. Steakhouse. We have celebrated so much there: Our first Valentines Day married, getting my first teaching job, our 2nd Valentines, YAY we are pregnant with baby number 1, and now I guess we are celebrating the count down to Harper's arrival!!! Only a little over 6 weeks! I am definitely. ready to have her here instead of in my ever growing belly. Hopefully the first week of July will come fast!!! :)

Here's an update on my ever so smart almost 2 year old!!! I can't believe he'll be 2 in less than 8 weeks! His little life has just flown by! These days Hudson is into playing outside more than ever! HE loves his: big red car, tractor, 4-wheeler, wagon, and motorcycle. When the weather is pretty we spend most of our time in the backyard. I don't know many less than 2 yr olds that know the difference between a soccer ball, basket ball, football, baseball, and golf ball....but he does and loves to play with any ball. He still LOVES The Wiggles. In fact we got tickets for August to see THE WIGGLES LIVE! Matt and I were joking that you know you are a parent when you are super pumped to get awesome seats to see The Wiggles. We can't wait. Hudson has learned his colors and he refers to most everything by it's color. He says 'HI' to everything. In the morning he will greet most everything in his room. "Hi Hudson's green shoes, Hi Bay, Hi toys, Hi books, Hi Hudson's big boy bed." He can count to 10. He LOVES Bible class and seeing his friends. He thinks my belly button is Harper's nose. He is VERY much a daddy's boy. I love watching the 2 of them interact. Matt is the best daddy, but it is so great to see that Hudson wants to be just like his daddy. I could not ask for a better role model and daddy to my son. He learned just yesterday how to climb out of his bed, so moving to his big boy bed is going to be a transition that we will have to make sooner than later. The bedside rail has been ordered!!! He really is just growing up before our eyes. He is the funniest almost 2 year old I know...and the smartest! (Of course this is coming from his mother). Hudson truly is my heart. I cannot imagine loving another as much as I love him. I know Harper will be just another wonderful addition to our little family.

Well, here is our month in pictures! Enjoy!

The beautiful white Tiger at the zoo. Right after I took this picture he actually JUMPED up onto the glass. It was great!


Chuck E. Cheese with Claire!



Hudson having fun in Daddy Pop's "BIIIIG BOAT"

Daddy and Hudson

Playing at the park in Tyler

Hudson's new "BIIIIG BLUE CHAIR." This was taken one morning right when he got up. He was not in a picture taking mood. Can't blame him!

Hud, Daddy, and Lauren on his first "roller coaster."



Having a blast in the bounce house!


Hudson's favorite part...the WATER PARK!





Kissing Shamu goodbye

Watching the Shamu Show!

Getting ready to feed the dolphins
Having so much fun!

Cutie!!
Feeding and petting the DOLPHINS!


Getting ready to watch (our favorite of all the shows) the skiers! We saw it both days...it was amazing!!!

Watching the boats with Daddy.

Hudson and his aunts!
Daddy and Hudson in their pink shirts! :)

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:00 PM

    Okay, fine. I forgive you for not posting! Hudson has grown SO much, he is just too cute! I can't wait to see pictures of Harper when she comes...hope you're feeling great! Also, I'm SO glad you are reading my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you updated!!! Hudson is getting so big:) I am so sorry I could not see you this weekend, but I waved:) Love, miss you, and I can not wait to meet Harper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I loved Sea World as a kid - glad to know its still fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:44 PM

    YAY on the update! I'm one of your dedicated readers and have been checking everyday. :) What a fun month for y'all!! Loved all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures!!! Can you send me the ones with Claire and Hud? She LOVES them, and I want to get them printed for her room!
    When do you get back?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:01 PM

    Hi Allison,

    Yeah! I am so glad that you updated I just couldn't wait any longer to see the Sea World pics. Hudson is getting so big and handsome. The pic of him in his big blue chair looks JUST like Matthew. I hope to see ya'll soon. I think I will wait for Harper to get here before we come. Tell Matthew I said Hi!.

    Love your Mississippi cousin,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Finally you updated, I was getting worried about you guys =) I know you are just soaking up every single minute you have left with just the boys. We miss you guys. Have a great weekend at Crystal's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are going to Sea World in June and you just made me so excited about it! Sweet Hudson is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hudson is getting so big! I can't believe both of our boys will be two this summer. Crazy! Here are a few thoughts about your post:

    ~ I am very jealous of Sea World. I want to take Jackson this summer, but unfortunately, I don't think it will happen. It looks like you guys had such a great time!

    ~ We got tickets to the Wiggles in Houston, and we were so excited! Actually, Boone didn't really like the seats I got, so he seriously went online and bought more. Now he has to sell the first set (of six - we are going with friends) on Ebay.

    ~ The huge tiger jumping on the glass incident happened to my sister-in-law at the Houston Zoo. It really kind of scared me because I am such a wimp!

    ~ I saw Darby on Sunday, and she is looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:41 PM

    Hey Allison,

    This is Amy Anderson Stanley. Shelley sent me an email telling me to check out Jason's new blog with pictures of Arden and I saw that he had a link to your blog. It has been wonderful catching up on you and your family. I am so excited for your family's upcoming arrival of Harper Faith. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k