Sunday, November 08, 2009

Let me introduce you to Harper...



This little girl is quite the individual. These pictures COMPLETELY describe our Harper-girl. Dressed as a princess while playing GI-Joes, or dressed as a princess wearing an action figures mask. Is there such a thing as a girly-girl tomboy?? Because I think I have one. Harper loves to play with Hudson's toys. (and I must say that Hud has been a VERY good sharer lately...I think he loves having her to play with him). She plays with his GI Joes, Pirate toys, Batman...etc. Her favorite is to get the batcave out and put her girly toys in it. She loves LOVES animals...especially dinosaurs. I know...strange. She loves to pretend with the dinosaurs. She says the cutest things when she is pretend playing. BUT Harper's dinosaurs have the sweetest little voices that say 'hi where's my mommy?? where are my friends?'...no scary mean dinosaurs when she is playing. When we ask her what she wants for Christmas she says "a BIG BARBIE house." We'll then ask her what she wants to put in her Barbie house....and she says "my am-mulls." I think Santa has this one covered! Thank you Sams Club! :)

But don't be fooled by this cute face. This little luv announces {and LOUDLY} when she toots or goes poo poo. I am not one for potty talk and I do not like to discuss what our bodies do or the noises they make. Harper on the other hand finds it hilarious to share all news and sounds that her body produced. Like for instance we were at the grocery store the other day and Harper perks up and shouts, "whats that noise?? was that me?? I tooted mommy!" She says all of this with the cutest, biggest grin. I do not encourage this sort of talk, and I really hope she out grows it. I usually distract her or take our conversation in a totally different direction.... but really she is so so so stinkin' funny...no pun intended.

Harper is also the most sensitive little thing I know. She is one that telling her 'no' is often enough. She love love love LOOOVES her mommy. She is my cuddle bug and would sit and cuddle with me all day long. She loves to be read to and loves to sit and listen to a made up story. She adores her 'bubba' and loves for him to play with her. She could name any action figure that is out there. When there is someone in the military on tv or in public she shouts out 'i see the army man guy'. Her brother has taught her well.

While she is very sensitive she is feisty and can throw a fit better than anyone I know. Her big thing is if she is not getting what she wants she will just sit right where she is and throw a {LOUD} fit. I had an instance at HEB where I had to run in really quick to grab something and she was holding my hand. There was something she wanted and I said no and the child threw her self on the floor of the grocery store and screamed to the Heavens...at least it sounded that loud. People thought she was lost and I had to tell them as kindly as I could that 'no this was my daughter and she was having a moment.'

I would bottle up this little 2 year old if I could. She is beyond precious and such a delight. Her rough 'moments' are few and far between. She loves her family and loves her sweet friends. Her big brown eyes, soft curls, and 2 year old voice is just the cutest thing. I love having conversations with her and watching her process what is around her. There are so many moments in our day when she will say something funny or just do something cute and I have to grab her and just love love love on her because she is too cute for words!!

6 comments:

  1. So...would you say I have it coming since we are fixing to have a girl now? Do they really throw bigger fits than boys? Cause Jake and Jack can throw some, but I've heard the girl fits are the worst. :) Ha! At least she's a cute little thing! Gotta love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have never laughed so hard...you described our precious girl perfectly. We just love her so much!!! Mini & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:01 PM

    Hi Allison, I have not had a chance in a long time to really get caught up on your blog. The latest story of Harper is so cute. Those two are full time fun & entertainment for you. We miss seeing them and can't wait for some catching up really soon. Love y'all! Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:28 PM

    I must agree... that little girl is too cute for words!! Wish I could be around you all IN PERSON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Awww, wish I could see that sweet girl. I know that Jaxon is going to adore her!! Crystal

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k