BROTHER,
Holton Matthew!!!
| melt my heart....sweetest picture ever!! i love seeing the sweet little knuckles on his hand. |
| It's a BOY! No doubt about it! |
We are SO EXCITED to have us a little Harper sandwich on our hands. We really did not care one way or the other, but now that we know, we CANNOT wait to have us another precious little boy. The kids are so excited. The JOY that came from Hudson was just too funny. He was thrilled. Harper, well, it took a little bit to actually BELIEVE that we were having a boy. We told Harper that she was having a baby brother, and she kept saying, "Noooo it's a sister." Finally she came to grips with it, and is excited! We had both kids with us during the sonogram which was so great. They loved it. Having another boy sure makes our Harper-girl even that much more special knowing she is our only girl AND the middle child. Matt said it best when we left our appointment, that there just isn't a better little girl to be smack dab in the middle of two brothers than Harper. I could not agree more.
I am so relieved that our families finally know, and now you too. I can keep other people's secrets all day long without a problem, but when it comes to my own....It just about drove me crazy!! Everyone has been so excited with our news, and so sweet!
Sooo what's in a name??
While we were brainstorming names very few "h" names were on our boy list. There just isn't too much to choose from, and I really figured that we would end up going a totally different direction. I even bought a new 2010 baby name book (total waste of $$...anyone need it?) hoping that there would be some fantastic "H" name out there that we would just "know" that it was it. I found a lot of the "H" names were either too common, kinda nerdy, too strange, or just did not work with Hudson or Harper (became too much of a tongue twister). I've said it before, but once Matt and I know what we are having, we give that baby a name...that day! We have done it with all 3. (We are good decision makers). It seriously took us less than an hour to come to an agreement. I threw out Holton and Matt was like "that's it, that's his name...done." (He's so easy). We love it and think it is the perfect name for our little man. I love seeing it written out, hearing people say it, and it makes me so excited to have a little Holt-man that goes with my Hud-man. I love hearing the kids call him by name. It's no longer "mommy's baby", but "Holton or baby brother".
Really the BIG reason(s) we really loved Holton was 1: We don't know of one and 2. It wasn't in the baby name book I bought. HA!! (However when I had Hudson and Harper I did not know any Hudson's or Harper's and now they are popping up all over the place). (Harper is even the #2 name of the 2010 baby girl names...BOO!!)! You think you are being different or unique with your kids names and really the name you are giving your child is the next "Jennifer". HA! Oh well...
As for Hadley....we have loved Hadley ever since we were pregnant with Hudson. I'll never forget the first time I heard the name. My grandmother had come to visit us when I was pregnant with Hudson and she was reading "HADLEY: The First Mrs. Hemingway". I instantly loved it. Matt did too. We went back and forth between Hadley and Harper when we were prego with Harp, and Matt was dead set on Harper. It just fits her to a T.
The guessing game with y'all was pretty much split down the middle. Good guessing y'all!!! Thanks for being good troopers too! I know it was torture for some. I can't stand it when people do that kind of thing....which is why I had to. :)
Thank you so much for sharing in our joy. We really are over the moon and feel so thankful and blessed. Please keep us in your prayers as we still have a ways until January!! Thanks y'all!!!
Congratulations!! I love the name...it's perfect!
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited and ready to spread the news. Cannot wait to meet Baby Holton. Love you!
ReplyDeleteAnonymous said was Grammy...forgot to sign.
ReplyDeleteYay...so glad we can tell everyone! What a fun way to let us know in the mail with Hudson & Harper telling us, but you did frustrate one Papa in camping in CO though..."I just want to talk to my babies"...ha! We love his name and can't wait for January to come!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! So exciting & I love the name!!
ReplyDeleteYay!! Congrats!!! I'm so excited for y'all! Can't wait to meet him. :)
ReplyDeleteLet's plan something soon!!
Congrats!!!I seriously love the name!
ReplyDeleteI love the Harper sandwich, that is precious!
Thanks for not making us wait forever!!!
Congratulations!! Can't wait to see how you prepare (i.e. decorate :) ) for this new little boy!
ReplyDeleteWell CONGRATULATIONS, Mullins crew! This sweet little boy will be just as beautiful & loved as Hudson & Harper...& I can't wait to see him! Your amazing family is such fun to keep in touch with- I love it!!
ReplyDeletedid i just get teary with excitement for your family? yes, i most certainly did! such wonderful news. i love that you said "harper sandwich." how fun is that?!? and i l-o-v-e his name!
ReplyDeleteps- hadley was adelaide's other possible girl name. so cute.
Well I didn't get to guess but I am SOOOOOO excited for you! 2 boys is fun, indeed! :) And I love the name! :) Congrats again, momma!
ReplyDeleteOh I love the name Holton! Goes so well with Harper and Hudson. Perfect!
ReplyDelete